Upping My Brow Game



Looking at well plucked, beautifully filled in brows is so satisfying! Brows have become such a massive beauty staple over the last couple years but only recently have I been actually paying attention to it. Before I used to leave my brows be the way they wanted to, hairs going in every direction and only filling them in occasionally. Now I get them waxed, plucked and threaded regularly, paying much more attention to them and all I can say is that it has made the world of a difference in how I see myself! 

There was one thing I was missing, though: a proper brow routine. This is kind of sad to admit, but up until now I had been using an H&M brow pencil, which had its merits but was definitely getting a bit inadequate for me. So when I saw the new and improved Benefit brow collection at my local Sephora, I knew it was meant to be! 

Olhar para umas sobrancelhas bem tratadas e esculpidas até à perfeição é algo tão satisfatório! As sobrancelhas tornaram-se num daqueles 'beauty must haves' nestes últimos anos, mas só recentemente é que comecei a dar-lhes a devida importância. Antes costumava deixar as minhas sobrancelhas fazer o que lhes apetecesse, com os pelos a voar em todas as direções e só de vez em quando é que as preenchia. Agora trato delas todos os meses e só vos posso dizer que faz uma diferença enorme! Já não me sei ver sem as sobrancelhas arranjadas. 

Porém, faltava-me uma coisa: uma boa rotina de sobrancelhas. É um bocado triste de admitir, mas até agora usava um lápis da H&M para preencher as sobrancelhas... Tinha o seu mérito, mas já não chegava para mim. Imaginem a minha cara quando vi a nova e melhorada coleção de sobrancelhas da Benefit na minha Sephora... Era agora!




I quickly zero'd in on something amazing: brow kits! Benefit came up with the genius idea to create three separate kits to achieve whichever brow you're after: Big and Bold, Soft and Natural & Defined and Refined. Essentially, you get INCREDIBLE value for money – two full size products and a deluxe travel size for 40€, when each product retails for about 28€?! Whaaat?! Crazy! I was very torn between the Soft and Natural and the Precise and Defined brow kits, but I chose the first one because of the products that came in it... 

Os meus olhos deram logo com algo maravilhoso: kits para sobrancelhas! A Benefit teve a ideia mais genial do mundo, ao criar três kits para sobrancelhas Big and Bold, Soft and Natural e Defined and Refined. Essencialmente, cada kit vem com dois produtos full size e um travel size deluxe, tudo por 40€, quando cada produto custa mais de 28€ (!). Whaaat?! Tãããão bom! Estava muito indecisa entre o Soft and Natural e Precise and Defined, mas acabei por escolher o primeiro porque gostei mais dos produtos desse kit...



   
Goof Proof Brow Pencil 

Basically a brilliant dupe for the Anastasia Brow Definer (the Precisely, My Brows pencil is a dupe for the Brow Wiz) that I had been meaning to pick up for ages. Essentially, this is a Goof Proof brow pencil, which means that even the biggest klutz like myself can achieve those gorgeous, movie star esque brows in a jiffy. This is super easy to use – it has a spoolie on one end and the other end has a retractable pencil with the perfect shape to outline and fill in your brows, easy as pie! I use shade 3 in this and it matches perfectly. ~ Full Size 

Basicamente, é um dupe perfeito para o Brow Definer da Anastasia Beverly Hills (o Precisely, My Brows é um dupe do Brow Wiz) que já andava para comprar há imenso tempo. Essencialmente, este lápis é à prova de quem não tem muito jeito para esta cena das sobrancelhas (eu, prazer). É super fácil de usar – tem uma escova numa ponta e uma caneta noutra, com uma forma perfeita para delinear e preencher a sobrancelha. Uso a cor 3 e é perfeita! ~ Full Size 




High Brow 

One of Benefit's best sellers got a makeover, but it's still as amazing as ever! I always wanted to try the High Brow, but found it too expensive just to be an eyebrow highlighter. When I found out it was included in this kit, I was over the moon! This is basically a brow face lift in a pencil – achieve brighter, boosted and younger looking eyes by using this beneath your brow arch. It makes the world of a difference! There's also a High Brow Glow – this pencil on steroids, basically – that I wish was included in one of the kits, too... ~ Full Size 

Um dos best sellers da Benefit sofreu uma makeover, mas continua maravilhoso como sempre! Sempre quis experimentar o High Brow, mas parecia-me muito dinheiro por um iluminador de sobrancelhas. Quando descobri que estava incluído neste kit, fiquei super feliz! É basicamente um 'lift' em lápis – conseguem um olhar mais aberto, luminoso e fresco se usarem debaixo do arco da sobrancelha. Faz toda a diferença! Também existe o High Brow Glow – este lápis em esteróides, basicamente – que gostava que estivesse incluído num dos kits... ~ Full Size
 



Ready, Set, Brow! 

Okay, am I the only one completely loving these quirky names?! Gotta love Benefit! Anyway, this is something I'd never used before (I told you, I'm a brow amateur): an eyebrow setting gel! This clear brow gel tames even the wildest hairs, creates the perfect arch and keeps your brows in place for 24 hours – seriously, they do NOT budge! It's such an amazing product that I didn't even know I was missing in my collection. God bless you, Benefit. ~ Deluxe Travel Size 

Okay, sou só eu que acha estes nomes da Benefit a coisa mais fofa?! Adiante, este é um produto que nunca tinha usado antes (bem vos disse que sou amadora): um gel para fixar a sobrancelha! Este gel transparente consegue domar até os pelos mais rebeldes (haha), esculpe a sobrancelha e mantem-na no sítio durante 24 horas – a sério, não se mexe! É um produto maravilhoso que vale mesmo a pena. ~ Deluxe Travel Size

Comments

back to top