My Summer Trainers

IMG_0728
There's something that always pulls me back to trainers... And back to Adidas. My Superstars (here) are one of my most worn pieces of footwear – I'm always running around and they're the comfiest to walk to work in – so I'd been looking for my next pair for ages. Nothing seemed to be “it”, however, until I spotted these. 

The Stan Smith trainers have been on my list for ages, even before the Superstar, but I've held myself back for multiple reasons. One, the pink and white version I wanted was (and is) always sold out in my size and two, I realised that the pink patch at the back starts to come off after you use them a couple times, so that's no bueno, is it? 

Há alguma coisa que me faz ficar louca por sapatilhas... Especialmente Adidas. As minhas Superstars (aqui) são das peças de calçado que mais uso – são super confortáveis para o dia a dia e para quem anda muito, como eu – e é por isso que já andava à procura do meu segundo par. Nada me chamava atenção, até ver estas belezas. 

As Stan Smith já andavam debaixo de olho há muito tempo, talvez mesmo antes das Superstar, mas andava a conter-me por várias razões. Primeiro, a combinação branco/rosa que queria estava (e está) sempre esgotada no meu número e segundo, dei-me conta que o pedacinho rosa atrás da sapatilha começa a escamar com o uso... Not good! 

IMG_0714

But these... These are another story altogether. I'm not sure if they're limited edition or not, but I liked them as soon as I saw them. I didn't fall in love instantly, I'm not gonna lie, but with time they grew and grew on me until I had to have them – good thing I did, they were the last in my size! 

I didn't have to compromise on the pink, and these are that much more special because of the gorgeous tropical print, perfect for all my white clothes and jeans in the summertime. And also, there's no risk of the pink chipping because, hey, the print is stitched! Woo-hoo! 

Mas estas... Estas são outra história. Não sei se são edição limitada, mas ficaram-me na cabeça assim que as vi. Não foi amor à primeira vista, confesso, mas não as conseguia tirar da cabeça e tive que as comprar – ainda bem que o fiz, eram o último par no meu tamanho! 

Não tive que desistir da minha paixão pelo rosa, e o padrão tropical torna-as ainda mais perfeitas para o verão e para todas as minhas roupas brancas (são muitas este ano) e gangas... E mais ainda, não há risco de que a parte rosa descasque, porque o padrão é tecido! Woo-hoo! 

IMG_0745

You guys, these are even more comfortable than the Superstars – and I never though that was possible! They fit like a dream and run true to size (the Superstars run bigger, so I was afraid these would too). I can't wait to pair them with a multitude of jeans, shorts and dresses for the upcoming warmer months :). 

Minhas meninas, são ainda mais confortáveis do que as Superstar – e nunca pensei que isso fosse possível! Assentam como um sonho e o tamanho é o certo (as Superstar são maiores, pelo que precisam de um número abaixo). Mal posso esperar para as usar com uma carrada de jeans, calções de ganga e até vestidos nestes meses mais quentes! :).

Comments

back to top