The Best Concealer I Have Ever Tried

IMG_9206
This is a bit of a bold claim, I'm aware, especially because I haven't tried the Naked Skin concealer or the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer yet, but... I don't believe either can top my MAC Pro Longwear!

I was in dire need of a proper concealer, and by that I mean a concealer that would not only cover my under eye bags (not an easy feat, let me tell you) and also negate the need to wear foundation altogether. I was so tempted by Urban Decay's offering, so much that I almost brought it to the till on a particular splurgy Sephora day, but I'm so glad I waited enough to discover this MAC gem!

Esta é uma afirmação forte, eu sei, especialmente por ainda não ter experimentado o Naked Skin da Urban Decay ou ou Radiant Creamy da NARS, mas... Não creio que nenhum supere o meu Pro Longwear da MAC!

Precisava mesmo de um corretor 'bom'. Não quero com isto dizer que os corretores mais baratos não fazem o trabalho de alguns caros, é claro, mas queria experimentar um corretor 'high end' que conseguisse apagar os buracos negros debaixo dos meus olhos (nada fácil, digo-vos já) e que dispensasse o uso de base. Estive quase, quase para comprar o Naked Skin da Urban Decay, mas ainda bem que esperei e descobri um favorito de tantas bloggers – o Pro Longwear!

IMG_9199

I wanted a full coverage concealer that wasn't drying or fully matte, rather radiant and long lasting, and this concealer gives me that and beyond! The coverage is insane and the finish is luminous, brightening my under eye area and covering my dark circles super well. I've been wearing this by itself on top of my sunscreen and with a bit of mascara, blush and lipstick – the amount of times I wear foundation has decreased so much because this gives me the coverage I need! My colour is NW20, which is a perfect match for my winter skintone!

Queria um corretor com cobertura total que não fosse matte, mas sim com um acabamento luminoso e duradouro. Este corretor dá-me isso e muito mais – a cobertura é maravilhosa e o toque é radiante, iluminando a zona do olhar e cobrindo as minhas olheiras exemplarmente. Tenho usado este corretor sozinho por cima do meu protetor solar, acrescentando só rímel, blush e batom. A verdade é que quase nem me lembro de usar base, porque este corretor dá-me toda a cobertura que preciso! A minha cor é a NW20, e é uma match per-fei-ta para a minha cor de inverno.

IMG_9208

I was concerned about this breaking me out, especially because I have super sensitive skin and many people say MAC products cause them to break out a lot, but so far, so good. I do have a negative thing to say about this and it is the pump system. Pumps on foundations are everything I want in life, but I prefer my concealers to have a doe foot applicator. The pump on this makes it disperse way more product than needed, so I may hit pan on this sooner than I'd like.

Confesso que estava com medo que este corretor me causasse borbulhas, isto porque a minha pele é super sensível e há quem diga que os produtos MAC causam acne, mas até agora não tenho tido qualquer problema. Ainda assim, tenho um ponto negativo a apontar e isso prende-se com a embalagem. Normalmente, um 'pump' nas bases é tudo que quero na vida, mas prefiro uma esponjinha nos corretores. Este sistema faz com que saia mais produto do que queríamos, portanto acho que vou acabar com isto bem rápido.

IMG_9196

This is probably the cheapest high end concealer out there, priced at 19.50€ - the same as a lipstick. This is much cheaper than UD and certainly NARS, so I'm super pleased with this find! This is a definite repurchase for me, and I can't see myself using any other concealer for the longest time.

Este é também o corretor 'high end' mais barato que por aí anda, sendo que custa 19.50€ - o preço de um batom. É muito mais barato do que o UD e certamente do que o NARS, portanto não podia estar mais satisfeita! Não me vejo a usar mais nada num futuro próximo, nem tenho vontade de procurar mais nenhum corretor ;). Podem comprar nas habituais lojas MAC e no El Corte Inglés.

Comments

back to top