Kylie Gloss in So Cute

IMG_9685 3
Let's go with a story: I was at work browsing through Twitter (research, guys, research), when I saw a tweet by Kylie Cosmetics saying her glosses were available for purchase. I had only seen some swatches of these on her Snapchat and nothing more, so I wasn't exactly dying for them.

But then, seeing them there, available (read: not sold out within 10 minutes), something in me... Clicked? El oh el, dramatic. What I mean is, I felt compelled to purchase at least one, like I couldn't just pass up the opportunity, you know?! Honestly, with all the horror stories I've heard about the buying process, I didn't even think my order would go through! Because of that, I wasn't hurrying to chuck them in my basket or anything, and I took a good 10 minutes deciding. At a snail's pace (okay, almost), I finally bit the bullet and ordered one. You guys, no joke, within five seconds my order was processed. Maybe even less! It also took 11 days to arrive in Portugal, which isn't bad at all.

Comecemos com uma história: estava eu no trabalho, a fazer refresh no Twitter (só por causa do trabalho!), quando vi um tweet da Kylie Cosmetics a dizer que os novos glosses estavam disponíveis. Nem tinha ouvido muito sobre eles, sabia que ela tinha lançado um vídeo com eles e vi alguns snaps, mas nada mais. 

Mas depois, ao ver os glosses ali disponíveis (ou seja, sem esgotar em 10 minutos), quase que senti que tinha de comprar. No entanto, com todas as histórias de meninas que nem conseguem finalizar as encomendas porque a procura é tanta, nunca pensei conseguir. Demorei uns bons 10 minutos a decidir, até que finalmente tive um momento 'que-se-lixe' e comprei. Juro-vos que só esperei 5 segundos, nem isso, e a minha encomenda estava finalizada. Sim, é verdade! Ainda andei à procura do cartão, demorei séculos e consegui na mesma. Demorou 11 dias a chegar a Portugal, o que não é nada mau.

IMG_9636 2
IMG_9669 2

I finally decided on 'So Cute', the lightest of the bunch - although I'm definitely going back for 'Literally'! These shades are everything Kylie Jenner represents: nude, pinky brown shades that she made famous and that everyone (myself included) has surrendered to.

Decidi-me pelo 'So Cute', o gloss mais clarinho dos três - ainda que vá voltar para comprar o 'Literally', o tom do meio! São cores mesmo à Kylie: nudes, castanhos com tons rosa que ela tornou famosas e que toda a gente (eu incluída) anda a amar. 

IMG_9657 2

Consistency - The reason why I'm not particularly fond of glosses is because they feel so impossibly sticky and a gush of wind immediately glues your hair to your lips and everything is a mess and it's just NOT worth it half the time, you feel me? Not these, though. Oh no. These are super glossy, but it's a good kind of gloss. They aren't sticky, rather incredibly moisturising and comfortable on the lips. Plus, they do plump them up a little bit!

Consistência - A razão pela qual não sou grande fã de glosses é só uma: são pegajosos com'um raio! Basta uma rajadita de vento que lá vem o cabelo colar aos lábios, tudo é horrível e miserável e simplesmente não vale o esforço, sabem? Mas estes não. Oh, se não. São super brilhantes, é claro, mas é um brilhante bonito (sem brilho), nada pegajoso e super confortável. 

Pigmentation - Holy schmokes, are these pigmented! These glosses pack a serious punch on the colour pay off department, almost passing off as a glossy lipstick because they're definitely noticeable.

Pigmentação - Pigmentados? Se são! Estes glosses conferem uma cor fantástica, quase passando por um batom daqueles bem brilhantes porque é impossível não reparar neles.

Price - $15 each, so about 13€. It's not expensive at all for the quality you get, but the shipping is definitely the worst part. It comes to about $14.95 for worldwide shipping, which is about 12€ for us Europeans. Every package comes from USPS First Class, so that's probably why shipping is so extortionate. I didn't pay customs for this so that's brilliant, but I still have my lip kit on its way so we shall see ;).

Preço - $15, ou 13€. Não é nada caro para a qualidade que são, mas o shipping é a pior parte: para encomendas internacionais, o shipping é $14.95, ou seja, outros 13 euros. Todas as encomendas são enviadas pela USPS em primeira classe e podem ser cobradas franquias aduaneiras por virem dos EUA. Eu não paguei nada com esta, mas tenho um lip kit a caminho portanto vamos ver ;).

IMG_9663 2

I do have some qualms with this product, though. First of all, the smell. Oh, god, it's sickly sweet (I really don't like sweet smells)! Some people say this smells like vanilla cupcakes and I can definitely see that but, for me, it's more like those strawberry gummy things (great explanation, Francisca, see what I mean here) and not in a good way. Because it's a gloss, it doesn't fade as quickly as the liquid lipsticks, so it's a bit nauseating to me.

Second of all, the brush. Some people complained about damaged bent bristles, but luckily mine came just fine. My problem is with the application, which isn't easy because it's not a doe foot applicator, like the lip kits. It's a bit awkward to put the gloss on but manageable in the end, and Kylie did say she improved the brushes for the new glosses (lucky you).

Ainda assim, tenho algumas críticas ao produto. Primeiro, o cheiro. Mãe do céu, é tãããão doce e enjoativo (detesto cheiros doces)! Há quem diga que cheira a queques de baunilha e até concordo, mas para mim cheira mais àquelas gomas tipo tijolos de morango (grande explicação Francisca, vejam aqui) e não no bom sentido. Por ser um gloss, o cheiro não desaparece tão rapidamente como os batons líquidos, por isso ainda fica nos lábios um bom bocado.

Em segundo lugar, o pincel. Houve quem se tivesse queixado de cerdas dobradas e danificadas, mas as minhas chegaram em perfeita condição. O meu problema é a aplicação, que não é nada prática por não ter a pontinha típica dos glosses e mesmo a dos lip kits. No entanto, a Kylie já disse que melhorou os pincéis nos novos glosses (sortudas).

Untitled-1

The top picture is the gloss worn on its own. Personally I find it to be too beige and light on my complexion so I do think it washes me out, but I love it when worn on top of a browny lipstick like Velvet Teddy (or Candy K's lipliner, which is on its way to my house as we speak).

A primeira imagem é o lip gloss usado sozinho. Pessoalmente não gosto muito, acho-o demasiado bege e claro no meu tom de pele, pelo que parece que me faz ficar ainda mais branca. No entanto, usado por cima de um batom nude mais escuro ou castanho como o Velvet Teddy da MAC (ou o lip liner Candy K, que está a caminho de minha casa) fica top!

IMG_9652 2

Are these worth it? 100%. When I first heard of these, I didn't expect much. I mean, it's Kylie Jenner, these didn't need to be good to sell... but guess what, they actually bloody are! Each package feels special and personal, even if she does this for every single one of us. You can definitely see her passion for this and it makes me excited to see what else she's coming out with ;). You can get these on Kylie Cosmetics' website here.

Verdicto final: valem a pena? 100%! Quando ouvi falar dos produtos da Kylie, não fiquei com muitas expetativas. Afinal, não precisava de ser bom para vender... Mas acreditem, a qualidade é ótima e não podia recomendar mais! As embalagens vêm todas com um toque pessoal (vejam a nota em cima) e é mesmo especial, dá para ver o quão ela gosta do que faz e só me faz ficar entusiasmada com os próximos produtos que aí vêm ;). Podem comprar no site da Kylie Cosmetics aqui.

Comments

back to top