The Magic Sponge

IMG_7888
Just by the title, I know you know what I'm gonna talk about... That's right, the BeautyBlender! How on earth did it take me this long to try this baby out?! The only thing I can say is, now I get it ;).

Só pelo título, já sei que sabem do que vos vou falar... É verdade, é a BeautyBlender! Como é que demorei tanto tempo a experimentá-la?! A única coisa que posso dizer é, agora entendo o burburinho todo à volta desta esponjinha mágica ;).

IMG_7922

I love my brushes. I'm a ride or die Zoeva 102 Silk Finish kinda gal, what can I say? I love applying foundation with them – never with my hands, EVER – and that was partly the reason why I just didn't get the hype around a damn sponge. I mean, is this pink sponge gonna revolutionise the way I apply my make up? No. Gotta be honest there. But still, this stuff is just amazing. It's got an oval shape, which means it can reach every single crevice in your face, giving you an even, natural, gorgeous finish. And I do mean gorgeous! Oh, and the best part is, you don't even need a separate brush to apply your concealer... The pointed edge of the sponge has your back, gal. No need to stress ;). It's just so damn amazing!

Adoro os meus pincéis. Sou menina de usar sempre o Zoeva 102 Silk Finish e é com ele que adoro aplicar a base – nunca uso as mãos, NUNCA! – e foi parcialmente por isso que nunca entendi a loucura em torno desta esponja. Quer dizer, esta esponja vai revolucionar a maneira como me maquilho? Honestamente, não. Há que ser sincera, mas a verdade é que esta esponja é mesmo maravilhosa. O seu formato oval permite que chegue a todos os cantinhos mais difíceis do rosto, conferindo um ar uniforme, natural e lindo. Já disse lindo?! E o melhor de tudo é que dispenso um pincel para o corretor... Sim, porque a pontinha da esponja é ideal para espalhar o corretor por baixo dos olhos! Sim, sou preguiçosa, não me julguem ;).

IMG_7924

Now, how to use it. When I first went to use it, I knew I had to dampen it to make it expand, but that whole concept was just so foreign to me that I stood there for a good three minutes – yeah, I timed it –, not wanting to accidentally ruin the sponge, you get me? Then I eventually realised how ridiculous I was being and dampened the damn thing, haha! Like the brand says, you gotta “wet it, squeeze it and bounce it”, meaning you dampen it and keep squeezing until it grows, then you clean out the excess with a dry towel and then bounce the round part of the sponge on your face (not blending it like you would with a brush!) and just watch magic happen. This stuff is science, I'm tellin' ya.

Agora, como utilizar. Quando fui para a usar pela primeira vez, sabia que a tinha de molhar e apertar de modo a que crescesse, mas o conceito parecia-me tão estranho que fiquei a olhar para a torneira uns bons três minutos – sim, contei-os – até perceber que estava a ser uma palerma e molhei o raio da esponja ;). O lema da marca é “molhar, espremer e utilizar”, esta última parte com leves 'pancadas' na cara e não a arrastar como um píncel normal. Depois, é só ver magia a acontecer... Esta coisa é ciência, digo-vos.

IMG_8000 2

Overall this stuff is just incredible. Definitely worth the hype in my opinion, you have to try it out yourself to really understand. I never believed a simple sponge could make such a difference and leave you with the most gorgeous, natural, luminous and flawless finish, but the truth is it does, and thensome! I got mine with 20% off at Sephora, it usually retails for 17.55€ and I got it for about 14€.

No geral, esta esponja é só maravilhosa. Definitivamente vale todo o 'zumzum' em torno dela, é uma daquelas coisas que vocês têm mesmo de experimentar para entender, nem dá bem para explicar o que a BeautyBlender faz. Nunca pensei que uma simples esponja fosse capaz de deixar a pele com um acabamento super perfeito e flawless mas super natural e iluminado! É um sonho. Comprei a minha na Sephora, aproveitei os 20% de desconto em cartão e ficou-me por 14€ (normalmente vende-se a 17.55€).

Comments

back to top