The midi

Midi
This weekend I went shopping for a dress. I knew I wanted it to be tight fitting, a stretchy jersey material that was comfortable to walk in and not black. Seems simple enough but it wasn't, until I spotted this. It's the perfect colour, the material is exactly what I was looking for... but it's a midi. 

Now, I love midis, on other (tall) people. I'm 5'2'' (1.58 cm) tall and a bit of a garden gnome. Because of my short stature – which I've grown to embrace, by the way! – there are obviously some clothes that are kind of out of bounds for me, and I thought a midi dress would always be one of those things that looked ridiculously cool on those tall babes but not something I could ever pull off. Regardless, I brought it with me to the fitting room and, little do you know, I fell in love with it!

It hugs my curves in all the right places, is the comfiest thing ever and looks so effortlessly cool and chic at the same time. I'll show you how it looks on in a couple days, but in the meantime, here is a suggestion on how to style it up! I'm beyond obsessed with these Adidas Superstar trainers – they need to be mine, Santa, please? – as well as this Too Faced 'Melted Fig' liquid lipstick. Add a leather jacket and a silver necklace and you're good to go!

Este fim de semana fui às compras à procura de um vestido. Sabia bem o que queria: justo, de malha elástica que fosse confortável para andar e que não fosse preto. Parece simples, mas não foi, isto até encontrar o vestido. A cor é perfeita, o material também... mas é um vestido 'midi'.

A verdade é que adoro vestidos 'midi', em pessoas altas. Meço 1.58cm e sou uma espécie de gnomo de jardim. Graças à minha mini estatutura  da qual aprendi a gostar!  nem todas as roupas me ficam bem. Há obviamente certas peças das quais mais vale fugir a sete pés, e sempre pensei que os vestidos 'midi' encaixassem nessa categoria: super giro naquelas babes altas, mas em mim, qual anã qual quê. Apesar disso, decidi levá-lo até aos provadores e eis que me apaixonei. Sim, por um vestido...

É daqueles vestidos que envolvem as minhas curvas em todos os sítios certos, é super confortável e dá aquele ar de quem nem está a tentar ser cool, apenas o é. Ou algo do género. Anyway, vou mostrar-vos como ele assenta em breve, mas entretanto aqui fica uma sugestão de como conjugar um vestido 'midi'! Estou completamente apaixonada por estas sapatilhas Adidas Superstar (quem não? Pai Natal...), assim como este batom da Too Faced na cor 'Melted Fig'. Basta acrescentar um casaco de cabedal e um colar de prata pequeno e estamos mais do que prontas!

Comments

back to top