A sensational mascara

IMG_6306
Yep, pun intended. So, here's the thing. I'm not really someone who splurges on make up if I see that a cheaper alternative does the same job for half (or even less) of the price. Granted I'd love to give Too Faced's Better Than Sex (I love that name!) or Benefit's Roller Lash mascara a whirl, but I've also heard great things about Maybelline's Lash Sensational mascara. Supposedly this is a dupe for Roller Lash, that mascara everyone and their mum went mad over when Benefit released it last year, but I didn't really feel like spending 26€ on a single mascara, so I thought I'd take its worthy dupe for a test drive... and boy, am I glad I did!

Ora bem, é o seguinte: eu não sou, de todo, pessoa de gastar muito dinheiro num só item de maquilhagem, especialmente se há um ou outro produto que faz o mesmo trabalho por uma fração do preço. É claro que adoraria experimentar a Better Than Sex (morro com este nooome!) da Too Faced, ou a Roller Lash da Benefit, mas também já ouvi maravilhas acerca da Lash Sensational da Maybelline. Supostamente é um 'dupe' da Roller Lash, aquele rímel que toda a gente e mais alguma quis (e ainda quer) pôr as mãos em cima, mas não me apeteceu muito dar 26€ só por um rímel. Por isso mesmo, cá estou eu a levar este 'dupe' a dar uma voltinha... e ainda bem que o fiz!

IMG_6270
Surprisingly enough, given Maybelline's rep, this is the first mascara from them that I'm actually trying and, to be honest, it's making me wish I had tried the brand's offering a long damn time ago! There's quite a few things I loved about this right upon first application: there's no 'wetness' in it, meaning you won't need to wipe off excess nor will it clump and give you that 'spider lash' effect, which I hate. Also, it's great at separating my lashes and injecting them with volume, from root to tip. This is because of the...

Surpreendentemente, dada a reputação da Maybelline enquanto marca, esta é a primeira máscara de pestanas da marca que experimentei. Honestamente, faz-me sentir arrependida por não ter experimentado outras antes! Há bastante coisas que gosto acerca desta máscara: primeiro, não é 'líquida', ou seja, não é preciso limpar o excesso no tubo antes de usar e, por isso, não é propícia a acumular nas pestanas e dar aquele efeito 'pernas de aranha', que odeio. Para além disso, é muito boa a separar as pestanas e a dar uma 'injeção' de volume, da raíz à ponta. Isto acontece por causa do...

Untitled-1
...brush! This one is particularly amazing, very similar to the Roller Lash one (hence the dupe status). It doesn't make your lashes feel stiff and uncomfortable to the touch either, which is a major plus. One coat is more than enough with this one, but if you're looking for a more expressive look, you can go for a second coat without fearing any clumping. Winner!

...pincel! Este é particularmente espetacular, muito semelhante ao pincel da Roller Lash (daí o estatuto de 'dupe'). Não faz com que as pestanas fiquem duras e desconfortáveis, coisa que muitas máscaras fazem e eu detesto. Uma passagem é mais do que suficiente, mas se quiserem um look mais expressivo, podem perfeitamente optar por duas camadas sem que a máscara acumule nas pestanas!

IMG_6295
The best thing about this mascara, though, is the fact it's a drug store option! You can simply pop into your local supermarket or pharmacy and get this mascara for 12.29€. Thank goodness my sister picked this up for me as a birthday treat, or I would've seriously missed out!

A melhor coisa acerca desta máscara, porém, é o facto de ser um produto de supermercado! Ou seja, basta apenas passar pelo vosso supermercado ao fazer as compras semanais/mensais e podem adquirir este rímel por 12.29€ (aqui). Graças a Deus que a minha irmã decidiu oferecer-me esta lindeza pelo meu aniversário, ou estaria a perder um produto fantástico!

Comments

back to top