Rebel

IMG_5481 2
I never knew you could fall in love with a lipstick... Until I saw Rebel. Oh my Jesus, Mary and Joseph. This is, hands down, my favourite lipstick in the whole entire world! Yes, that is a bold claim seeing as there's many lipsticks I love, but none come close to what this looks like on my lips. 

Nunca imaginei que fosse possível apaixonar-me desta forma por um batom... Até conhecer o Rebel. Gente, este é o meu batom preferido de todos os tempos - sim, tenho muitos outros que adoro de paixão, mas nenhum chega aos calcanhares desta cor de framboesa da MAC. É simplesmente perfeito, não só para o Outono, mas para o ano todo!

IMG_5470 2

So... Why Rebel? Well, in fear of sounding like a total broken record, Autumn is, along with Summer, my favourite season of the year. Why? I love Autumn fashion. I'm a total sucker for those dark, vampy colours, risqué lip shades, sweaters and all things cosy... which still hasn't answered the question. Well, I figured it was time to invest in a serious staple lipstick, one that would surely be noticed by everyone and still be seriously cool - now, doesn't Rebel fit that description to a T?

Então... Porquê o Rebel? Bem, o outono é, a par do verão, a minha estação preferida do ano, por uma razão muito superficial: adoro as roupas que saem nesta estação. Não tão quentes como os casacões polares do inverno, mas mais aconchegadas do que os trapinhos finos de verão. Para além disso, é aquela altura do ano onde tiramos das gavetas aqueles batons mais escuros, aquele vermelho mais cereja, aquele roxo mais vibrante, aqueles batons que não nos deixam passar despercibidas - não é mesmo essa a descrição do Rebel?

Untitled-1

MAC describes this shade as a midtonal cream plum, but I think this lipstick is much more than that. It's so incredibly hard to properly photograph this shade, but trust me: I'd risk saying this is a lipstick colour that would look amazing on every single person on this earth. Why? Because even though it looks like a dark purple on the bullet, and perhaps quite scary for those who don't feel comfortable wearing dark lipstick, once you swipe it across your lips, it shows up as a bright raspberry colour that I just find oh so flattering on my pale complexion (and every other on the spectrum, really.)

A MAC descreve esta cor como cor de ameixa, mas acho que o batom é muito mais que isso. É mesmo difícil fazer justiça a este batom em fotografias, mas confiem: arrisco-me a dizer que é um batom que vai ficar bem a toda a gente. Apesar de poder parecer um bocado assustador no tubo para quem não se sentir confortável a usar cores escuras nos lábios, quando entra em contacto com os lábios transforma-se numa cor de framboesa forte e linda, que funciona tão bem em peles claras (e todas os outros tons de pele, não se preocupem). 

IMG_5471

As for the formula, this is a Satin finish, my first of the kind (el oh el, I only have one other MAC lipstick but... hello). I'd say this offers as much of an intense colour pay off as a matte lipstick, and the lipsticks that come in this finish are also just as long wearing and opaque as you'd expect their matte counterparts to be, just minus the flakiness and dryness I loathe oh so much. These are creamy upon first application, but after a while they do dry on your lips to a lasting but comfortable finish!

O Rebel tem um acabamento Satin, o meu primeiro da linha (só tenho mais um batom para comparar mas... hello). Diria que este acabamento oferece uma cor tão intensa como um matte, e os batons que vêm nesta fórmula são tão duradouros e opacos como se esperaria de um batom matte da MAC, mas sem a textura seca e desconfortável dos mesmos - que eu, francamente, detesto. Estes batons são muito cremosos quando aplicados nos lábios, mas secam num acabamento duradouro mas confortável! 

IMG_5486 2

Now, this is MAC we're talking about and we all know we're paying for the brand as well as the lipstick, but trust me... When you're buying a MAC lipstick, you're guaranteed to buy a quality product. At 19.50€ a piece, you could probably buy a cheaper alternative, but in my opinion, this particular shade is irreplaceable and I think I'll always come back to it, regardless of season or mood!

Pois bem... Estamos a falar da MAC, e todos sabemos que para além do produto, pagamos pelo nome, mas acreditem... Quando compram um batom da MAC, investem num produto de qualidade e duradouro. Por 19.50€ cada batom, podem encontrar alternativas mais baratas, é certo, mas na minha opinião, esta cor em particular é irrepetível e parece-me que vou usar e abusar dela, independentemente da estação do ano! 

Comments

back to top