Popping my MAC cherry...

IMG_5392 2
Well... Not to be dramatic or anything, but they do say you never forget your first, right? That's exactly how I feel about MAC lipsticks. It wasn't until the sweetest friend sent me this beauty that I got over my (ridiculous) MAC resistance - did I mention it was ridiculous? - and finally converted myself to the MAC religion (I already bought another one, we have a problem in our hands now, since they cost 19€ each...) 

Bem, sem querer ser dramática nem nada, sempre ouvi dizer que nunca se esquece o primeiro, certo? É precisamente assim que me sinto quanto aos batons da MAC. E foi só quando uma amiga super querida me ofereceu um que ultrapassei esta panca que tinha de não comprar nenhum e finalmente me converti à MAC (tanto que já comprei outro, mas isso é conversa para outro dia, #choracarteira)

IMG_5388 2

My first lipstick is Chatterbox, which MAC describes as a bright red pink. Now, I don't necessarily agree with this description, because on my lips it looks more like a bright Barbie-esque pink with no apparent tint of red, but I just love it so much I don't even mind. With an Amplified Creme finish, this lipstick is a dream to apply and, even though it's super creamy, that doesn't make it any less opaque, which is what I love so much about this little baby of mine. Really, I'm not the biggest MAC connoisseur - well, duh - but I really think the Amplified Creme finish will always be my favourite, no matter what other formulas I try! 

Ora então, o meu primeiro batom da MAC é o Chatterbox. Apesar de ser descrito como um rosa forte avermelhado, pessoalmente não concordo muito, porque em mim o batom aparece quase como um rosa Barbie, forte mas claro, sem muito vermelho que eu possa detetar. Isto não é uma queixa, no entanto, porque adoro o batom: com um acabamento Amplified Creme, é um sonho de aplicar porque, apesar de ser super cremoso, não é menos opaco ou pigmentado. Mesmo não sendo a maior MAC connoisseur - duh! -, acho que os batons Amplified Creme serão sempre os meus preferidos, independentemente das outras fórmulas que venha a experimentar! 

IMG_5489

As for its lasting power, I can tell you that, creamy as it may be, I can get a good six hour wear out of this before I feel the need to touch up. Normally, a creamy lipstick gives me two to three hours maximum before I have to pick up the bullet and reapply (hassle), so I'm super pleased! I knew MAC lipsticks were good but not this good. I'm definitely sold!

Quanto à duração do batom, posso dizer que aguenta bem seis horas nos lábios antes de sentir a necessidade de voltar a aplicar. Para um batom cremoso como este, normalmente não consigo ficar com ele mais de duas, três horas no máximo antes de ter de voltar a pegar nele e passar nos lábios, por isso estou suuuuper contente! 

IMG_5381

Comments

back to top