clinique anti-blemish solutions liquid makeup

clinique

Isn't this packaging to die for!? We've only been together for a week so I'd hate to jump the gun so quickly, but... You guys... I think I have found something special. 

Last week I popped into Sephora in dire need of some magical miracle to make my face look presentable for last Friday's prom, after this little devil made my some of my face breakout in tiny little allergy spots and blemishes. I have no idea what you've done, Bourjois, but I don't like it one bit and your product went straight to the bin. Okay, rant over! Phew.

SO, Sephora. I went in and browsed a little - seriously, that place is like candy land! - looking for a foundation. I went in dead set on getting the MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet + foundation that I read such rave reviews about. But, there wasn't any shade that properly matched my face so the lady suggested Benefit's Hello Flawless! Oxygen Wow foundation. She popped it all over my face and it went on so smoothly, like a dream. Still, I went home empty handed, waiting to see how it set on my face... and it was a hot mess. It's definitely yellow toned - which I'm not! - and far too dewy for my oily skin. So, another Sephora trip happened the day after.

This time, though, this other lady (the sweetest!) listened to all my complaints, my uhhhs and ahhhs, and she went straight to a foundation I had considered before: the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup. She put a little on my face and it instantly covered up my angry allergy blemish spots! Hooray!

Primeiro, que embalagem de liiiinda de morrer! E segundo, não querendo pôr a carroça à frente dos bois, acho que este é o início de uma linda história de amor... 

Na semana passada encontrei-me num pranto de stress ao ver a minha cara, a dias do baile, ainda uma lástima por causa deste produtinho aqui - a sério Bourjois, nunca mais. Para solucionar esta tristeza, corri literalmente para a Sephora para tentar encontrar qualquer produtinho milagroso que me cobrisse a tristeza que o CC cream da Bourjois fez à minha cara. A menina recomendou-me a base Hello Flawless! Oxygen Wow da Benefit. Eu, com a minha curiosidade, deixei-a maquilhar-me com ela (top!), espalhou-se na pele como um sonho e deixou um toque de brilho fenomenal. Fui para a casa para a testar e... raismepartam. Primeiro, é totalmente amarelada - eu sou mais pink toned - e, segundo, deixou-me a cara a parecer uma frigideira. Esta base seria perfeita para todas as meninas com pele seca, o que, claramente, não é o meu caso. Assim, a busca continuou.

No dia seguinte, lá fui à Sephora do NorteShopping - Tão enorme! Tão iluminada! Tão paraíso! - em busca do meu produtinho milagroso. Estava com ideias de comprar a MAKE UP FOREVER Mat Velvet +, depois de ler milhões de reviews super positivas - mas não tinham uma cor clara o suficiente para mim. Então, outra menina super simpática prontamente me ajudou, ouviu os meus queixumes que nem mulher a ver o marido partir para a guerra, e levou-me à Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup. Graças a Deus! A verdade é que já tinha andado a namorar esta base, mas nunca a tinha visto à venda. Então, a menina colocou a base na minha cara e ela cobriu todos os pontinhos vermelhos irritados na minha pele! Wooo!

clinique3

Now, a little more on the formula. Being designed to cater to oily, blemish prone skin, it's obviously oil free and it's supposed to mattify and absorb any excess oil on your skin - praise the Lord! And now, for the best part. Even though I never get any blemishes or acne anymore, having the Bourjois CC Cream break me out so badly makes me realise I'm not safe from them. With that in mind, this foundation has 2% of salicylic acid, which is an ingredient common in acne fighting products. The great thing about this foundation is that I know I'm not damaging my skin by putting it on regularly and that safety feeling is priceless. And, to be fair, it has been drying out any spots I still have, which is awesome, even though it probably won't do much if your acne is more aggressive.

This foundation itself doesn't go on as smoothly as others, since it's not dewy, so it dries on the face really fast and doesn't leave any shine behind. Even though I prefer the feel of dewy foundations sliding on, I know the dryness of this foundation is for the best. It does get shiny by the end of the day, with me at least, but it's pretty damn amazing at controlling my oils for about 8 hours, I'd say!

Agora, um pouco mais sobre a fórmula. Sendo desenhada para peles mistas a oleosas com tendência a borbulhas, é claro oil free e seca bem a pele, mas o melhor de tudo ainda está para vir. Ainda que nunca tenha assim borbulhas ou acne na cara, esta reação alérgica ao CC cream da Bourjois mostrou que não estou livre delas. Com isso em mente, esta base tem 2% de ácido salícilico, um ingrediente frequentemente presente em vários cremes contra o acne. O melhor desta base é isto mesmo: poder usá-la com a consciência de não estar a danificar a pele e estar a prevenir futuras borbulhinhas horríveis. Esta segurança, depois do que o outro produto me fez à pele, não tem preço.

Quanto à consistência, esta base não é fluída como todas as outras que já exprimentei, o que faz sentido sendo o seu propósito secar a pele e controlar bem os seus óleos em excesso. A aplicação não é muito fácil, dado que esta seca rápido na pele logo temos de trabalhar bem com o píncel, mas ela controla bem o óleo, ainda que haja algum brilho a aparecer na minha pele no final do dia, o que também é normal.


clinique4

As for the shades, Clinique doesn't disappoint. I picked the #02 shade in Fresh Ivory, which is a little too dark for my skin. The reason why I didn't get the #01 shade, in Fresh Alabaster, is because they don't sell it in Portugal, sigh. They must think we're all tanned beach babes so they mostly carry the darker ones. Just gotta wait until this bottle runs out and order #01 online, I guess. Bummer. You can, however, mix in some of your moisturiser to make the pigmentation less dark.

Quanto a cores, a Clinique não desilude, só mesmo Portugal. Comprei a base na cor 02 Fresh Ivory, que é um pouco escura para a minha cara. Não comprei a cor mais clarinha, a 01 Fresh Alabaster, que seria perfeita para a minha pele porque não a vendem em Portugal. Devem pensar que aqui é só miúdas morenaças e esquecem-se dos copinhos de leite como eu. Quando esta acabar, provavelmente irei encomendar a cor mais clara online, mas podem sempre misturar umas gotas de creme hidratante para descer um pouco a pigmentação mais escura.

Clinique6

To round it all up, I'm extremely pleased with this purchase! It covers the pigmentation of the spots - of course it isn't Photoshop and doesn't conceal the bumps, duh! - but it's awesome. At 32€ a pop it probably isn't the cheapest foundation out there, but its effectiveness is priceless and I'll most likely repurchase again and again. 

Para finalizar, só me resta dizer que amo esta base! Até agora estou encantada com os resultados e, apesar de ainda ser muito cedo para falar, não vá o diabo tecê-las, irei voltar a comprar. Não esconde os altos na pele, claro, mas disfarça muitíssimo bem as borbulhinhas. Custa entre 30 a 32 euros, dependendo onde comprarem, e podem encontrá-la na Perfumes e Companhia ou na Sephora.

Comments

back to top